Monday, March 23, 2009

Yum...Caffeine


No...it's not from Diet Coke! But I did consume my fair share of coffee today. With a crappy night of sleep under my belt, the typical morning thermos of coffee on my commute to work just wasn't enough. So I had to swing into Caribou before hitting the office for a large, light roast. Then, with the crappy, rainy weather out...at lunch I had 2-3 (small) cups of coffee with my salad. Then...around 2:30-3:00ish I was starting to crash - need one more cup of coffee from the break room. I don't know what got into me today!?!? Well, needless to say with this consumption under my belt, at spin tonight I was either going to have a good day - or a really bad day. Fortunately, it turned out to be a good one. I felt pretty strong holding most of our fairly long sets at close to 225-250 watts - consistently. Goal was not to dip below 200 during these 20-30 minute sets and I think I hit that pretty good. Must have been all the caffeine I consumed today! (Not to mention the Cafe Latte flavored Perpetuem that Ironman Jim let me try during class) Bring on the joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment