Yesterday I spent most of the day working (yeah, I know...what else is new?) but then got to the gym with my hubby in the evening. I had a really good workout and I'm attributing it to my newly downloaded songs on my iPod. I think I've been getting too used to my old songs, and now that I had a few new songs with great beats - I was just pumped up.
Here are my notable songs on my new playlist that I'd highly recommend for workouts:
- Gives You Hell [All American Rejects] * my new fav song
- If U Seek Amy [Britney Spears] - no, I'm not a fan....but good beat
- My Life Would Suck Without You [Kelly Clarkson]
- Poker Face & Just Dance [Lady GaGa]
- Unbeautiful [Lesley Roy]
- Don't Trust Me [3OH!3]
After a quick run for warmup and my weight set, I hit the pool and had an awesome set (again attributing to my new playlist, as I was singing these songs to myself as I was doing my laps). I pulled out a set of 4 X 200s with some pretty decent splits for this time of year (averaging a 3:15), which I was not expecting since I've been a bit negligent in my swimming workouts the past 2 weeks:
- 1st 200: 3:18
- 2nd 200: 3:16
- 3rd 200: 3:14
- 4th 200: 3:12 *Hey! They all got faster....sweet!


No comments:
Post a Comment