This morning I met Noelle at the dam an hour before run club to get in some miles (did 4 miles). There were a few 'ice patches' that I was not a fan of...and I had a few wobbles that I had to catch myself on. On our run back to pick up the run clubbers we had to 'skate' over an ice patch on the trail and Noelle decided to go 'wide' towards the ditch to get around the ice. Well, she broke through the ice and ended up getting her feet soaking wet! Luckily we only had a mile back to the car and she had an extra pair of socks and shoes that she slipped on for the rest of our run.
I ended up running another 9 miles after that for a total of 13. Corrine only had to run 6 miles today but kept on for a bit longer to help me get mine in, which was great...then I don't have to try to get in a few more miles tomorrow. I was supposed to do 14 miles today, but in my book that's close enough. This run was a TON better than 'track & treadmill', however there was a bit of ice out there that I'm still leery of - so paranoid!
Now, it's a day of laundry and work / homework. Story of my life!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Watch for Ice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment