Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Safe & Easy" Weekend & Heidi Rocked!



Saturday I got out for a nice & easy ride to see how things were a' moving in my lower appendages. I ended riding about 40 miles out to Elm Creek from my house and back. Leg felt pretty decent, numbness was minimal (still present, but not too bad).
 
I then went to Pam's for Sarah's going away party with the other TCMC'ers. Is gonna be sad for when she leaves...was fun to train with her this year. Many of the party goers headed out early, as they were either racing at St. Paul or going to go cheer in the morning.

I got up early with my "Go Heidi" sign and headed over to St. Paul. I was going to go swimming during 'warm-up' to get some open water time in...but it was a bit chilly this AM and I parked a long ways away. So, opted to be solely a spectator.

Heidi was all revved up, she was in stellar form. Mags, Andrea, and Emily showed up too, to round out the cheering section. Heidi ended up smashing her expected finish time by almost 10 minutes! She rocked out on the swim, had a strong bike (2nd in age group) and went sub-30 on the run! Way to go Heidi!!! Next year, we will be working on transition techniques...(wink, wink). Easy time to shave off, girl!

During the race, I started to feel a few 'nervous' twinges....I think it was being in the 'race atmosphere' and knowing that in 3 weeks - that atmosphere (times 100) will be in Madison. It is coming up so very fast! Not officially a 'panic attack' for the counter, but I feel a few coming on. After the race, I went home and did another medium bike ride for the day - went about 30 miles this time. Again, leg felt pretty good (slightly numb, but not bad). Let's hope for a good week of biking & swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment