Well, we are about mid-week into week #2 of 20+ hr. training. Am still alive. Tired, but alive. Yesterday, I was going to run prior to spin class and Jim & Heidi decided to join in on the fun with their little 'Ironman-in-training'. We talked Mike into it too....sucker!
We ran around the lake next to spin class out in Maple Grove. Jim and I were sporting our new Garmins - just like twins. Jim & Heidi (a.k.a. speed demons) played nice and kept a 'slower' pace than they would have liked for the sake of Mike and I. We ended up running 5 miles at about a 8:30/mi pace. Nice little warm-up for 2 more hours of spin after that.
I got home to the neighborhood 'Night Out' deal in full swing on the street in front of our houses - this is twice in about 3 days that I've showed up to these little neighborly events all sweaty and gross from 3+ hour workouts. They officially think I'm nuts, I'm sure. Oh well...
This morning was core in the morning with the crew and tonight a little swim at the club while the hubby lifts weights. I have to start getting packed up for this weekend - as I leave Friday with a huge crew to go out and train all weekend in Madison. Should be a fun weekend, and the culmination of this massive week with the following planned activities:
- Friday - core class in AM + open water swim of roughly 2.4 mi on our way to Madison (~IM distance)
- Saturday - Bike the WHOLE course - 112 miles (possible brick run afterwards? TBD)
- Sunday - Run half the course (1 loop) or so for 13-ish miles with possible bike loop afterwards before heading home
I'm pretty sure that by Sunday evening, I'll be zonked. But then my week is done. Rest on Monday...Yeah!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment