Monday, August 3, 2009

Busy Weekend

On Friday, I biked about 30 miles out by my house and then Cindy came up to stay at my place for our long ride on Saturday morning. Ryan came up and met us too and we all took off for C-town (Cambridge). We rode up to mom and dad's, where they made us some good grub (pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc.). Yum! The ride was pretty windy (20-30 mph winds/gusts) so we were having a heck of a time getting up there. The way home wasn't any better...seemed like we couldn't catch a break. But, that's good training. All-in-all, we did 75 miles - my legs were dead by the end, so attempting to round it out to 80 wasn't going to happen. When we got home, I had a nice package on my doorstep... I ordered my Garmin from a different website on Friday morning, it was shipped and delivered in less than 24 hours! AWESOME! 

 After the ride I took a nap and then got ready to head down to Owatonna with Heidi and Angie to see an exhibit put on by our friend from college, Scott (we swam and were both art majors together). He is now a successful design director for Beyonce's clothing lines. He was displaying dresses he had designed for her, ad campaigns and design sketches he has done at the show. Was amazing! (see Star Tribune article). Was so GREAT to see him! After the reception, we went to "Bubba's Bar" and had a beer and then went over to Scott's parent's house for a bonfire and a little more time to converse and hang out with him and other alumni friends. 
 

Dresses Scott has designed for Beyonce


Sketches a la Scott


The Girls at Bubba's Bar

Sunday, I met Noelle and Cindy out at Lake Harriet for our long run. The plan was for about 15 miles. I had my new Garmin charged up and ready to go. We ended up running Lake Harriet, Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles - then back to Harriet. After about 10 miles, Cindy and I were spent. I think the windy bike ride on Saturday wiped us out. So we decided we'd walk another loop of Lake Harriet for a few more miles on our feet and call it good.


Long training week #1 done: 21 hours total, very tired. Now, on to long training week #2! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment