Saturday, August 15, 2009

Open Water Swim, Massage Day & Party


Friday, I met up with Val, Jen, Jonny, and Erin at Lake Ann to do an open water swim in the lovely heat (whew! it was warm out - especially in the wetsuits!). I must say...these swims are SO much better than pool swimming. Pool swimming just gets so boring! Back, forth, back, forth. At least in swimming in the lake, you get to practice sighting and trying not to inhale nasty, dirty water. We had a pretty good swim...swam across the lake beach-to-beach twice, which I'd estimate at a little under 2 miles. See my Garmin output of the swim...cool huh? The only thing that sucks is that the Garmin doesn't track distances correctly in the water for some reason. I think the output here for this swim said we swam almost 4 miles. Yeah, right! 

 Then I went home, watched a movie and hit the hay. Jake called and said that he was almost set to fly out on the charter to their hunt in the Alaska wilderness (I think they were 700 miles north of Anchorage, somewhere). After chatting with him briefly, I slept for 11 hours! Wow...must have needed that. I was going to get up early to get in a run before my massage - but the sleep was much more appealing (obviously). So, I slept in a bit. 

 Then Mike came over for a massage...been trying to fit that in since Madison. Much, much needed...my left leg has been feeling a bit numb (kinda like it is about to fall asleep?) when running in the past week. Weird! Hopefully Mike worked out whatever was pinched and that will go away. 

Later, I went out for a long run - about 16 miles today. Was nice out, overcast and breezy. Legs felt pretty good on the run and I finished 'er up just before it started to sprinkle. Talk about timing! Tonight I'm heading to a party with the TCMC crew over at Val's house for Jen's birthday. Should be fun to hang with everyone again (not on bikes)...recapping Madison stories and chatting with everyone getting ready for their respective Ironman races coming up. (We really are a weird bunch when you get us all together...) Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment