Thursday, August 27, 2009

Positive Attitude...Check!


Tuesday was kind of a 'blah' day for Jen...after getting the disc news the day before, my mind started racing around what this means for me post-Ironman. I was just mentioning to Noelle a few weeks ago how excited I was to get through tri-season and get into the Fall so I could meet up with run club 1-2 nights a week again and reconnect with those friends. That just hasn't fit into my workout schedules this season, and I miss them! I'm just hoping that running is still going to be in the equation for me, as that would knock out run club...and potentially future triathlon seasons. (Now you see why Tuesday was 'blah'? These thoughts were not very fun for the day running through my head)
 
But...attitude has bounced back from that minor derailment. Pep talks at spin Tuesday night helped and sending Val & Jonny off to their respective Ironmans this weekend (Louisville & Canada) was good too. I am trying to emulate Val's attitude (she's been struggling with a bum knee all season - doing her fair share of pool running) and only hope that I can approach IMWI in the positive / happy manner that Val sees things going into the big race. She is the most amazing person and I am so glad we're on the same 'team'! (Go Team!) She's gonna rock this weekend, I just know it!

I go to see Dr. Dave again this afternoon...the leg numbness has been going down (I think?) and so we'll have to chat about if we want to schedule up a cortisone injection next week or not. Right now, tingling is super-minimal in the toes & shin and I can feel it when I am thinking about it (to validate if it is there or not). So, I think that the icing and exercises are doing their job (I hope)! I'm icing my back as I type - super religious about that. I even travel with my ice (ice in the car driving to work, ice at work, ice on the way home from work...you get the picture).

I picked up my "IronJen" visors last night. They turned out super cute and I can't wait to see them on all of Jen M. & my friends and family out in Madison! I additionally picked up an Under Armor white compression shirt at the sport shop to go under my TCMC tri top, in the event that race day is 'chilly' - in lieu of using my arm warmer sleeves (that don't match my uniform) or throwing on my Flying Pig jacket (although it is pink...). Gotta look good on Pink Lightning!

No comments:

Post a Comment