Yesterday, I got my fun packages in the mail - was like Christmas!
- Package #1 - Hammer Nutrition products that I've been getting low on.
- Package #2 - my new aero helmet for Chisago Half IM and IMWI!
Yes, I decided to go for it and look like a dork. If the thing will save me a chunk of minutes off my bike time in IMWI (just by wearing the silly looking thing) - then I'm in! I mean I'm already dressed head-to-toe in spandex - it can't get too much worse! Can it?!?!
So, the final decision to get the helmet was made when I saw one at Lifetime Fitness Tri last weekend on some girl's bike that was the same fancy one Jim wears (we call it Titleist One, because of the golf ball 'dimples')...but this helmet had a streak of 'pink' on it! I was SO close to accidentally walking off with the thing - that girl has no idea! Ha ha! It obviously was meant to be! So, found a good deal online this week and... Sold! The Pink streaks are installed and look sweet on it!
I swam yesterday at Lifetime, however, did not know that water aerobics had moved from Wednesdays to Thursdays. Grrr.... So, ended up in the throws of that mess to deal with during my yardage. Then the lanes started to fill up with lap swimmers too. Which is fine, but the guy in my lane - just a pain to manipulate around. I ended up cutting my workout a bit short, just due to the annoyance factor. Then went home and foam rolled, stretched, and iced. What a great routine!
This morning was core, bright and early. Didn't go too terribly bad. Oh! My run on Wednesday went OK - got 8 miles in on the bad wheel and didn't feel too bad. I kind of like the little loop that I have going around by my house lately. Let's see if we can do 10 this weekend...
Plans for weekend: Long run Saturday (10+??? pending lower appendages), Century ride on Sunday (possibly short brick?)



No comments:
Post a Comment