Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Keep Running...

  
Minneman 2009

Minneman 2008

I had to chuckle a little bit, after checking out the yndecam.com race pictures from Minneman last weekend. I think that this photo (top) could be the exact same as the one taken last year at Minneman, only swap out the tri uniform (bottom). My FINGERS are even in the same positions! Wierd! 

Sunday I met Noelle and some of her P2 friends to ride the Chisago Half IM course. Was a nice and windy day - but was good training. We then headed over to Betty & Verns to chat and have some muchies. (Sounds like Stacy just signed up for Chisago short course...so we'll probably be back to ride the course together prior to that race). 

Yesterday I saw Dr. Dave again for my weekly check up and taping. Things seem to be getting better. Then I had spin class. This morning I did core, and Jonny again tailored the workout to give me personal pain. Today's target area - the calf. Calf raises, lunges, jumps, whatever... So sorry Heidi, Jen & Jim. Then tonight, I decided to go out for a run and see just how much better this leg is getting. (Is hard to tell during races - as I think the adrenaline masks pain pretty well) Verdict...I think I'm on the mend - officially! It took about a mile to get the calf loosened up (had a bit of a small limp going in the first 8-9 minutes), but then it seemed to even out pretty nice. Ran for about an hour and didn't seem to have any issues. (crossing fingers) The one thing that did pain me tonight were these running shorts! (I almost never wear running shorts - always tri shorts or running skirts with built in spandex pants) Memo to self: Do NOT wear running shorts at Ironman - you will chafe and probably start bleeding! Ouch!!! 

Now, find some food and ice calf & foam roller. And since our 52" plasma TV is broken (won't turn on...repairman coming tomorrow) - I'll have plenty of time this evening to do all these wonderful things, since I cannot watch TV except for in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment