Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last Race Before IMWI!


Tomorrow is the Chisago Half Ironman race...my last race before Ironman. Now I have 49 days to train, train, and train some more! Woo hoo! Stacy and Laike are coming over this morning to go over and get our race packets. We'll have to swing by Betty & Vern's since we're out in their neck of the woods.
Today, I'm taking it easy - no workouts. I'll have to get Pink Lightning suited up with race wheels and redo her flat kit. Maybe take her and the new areo helmet out for a brief tour around the neighborhood to ensure all is in order. Other than that, just some homework to do (yes... I have homework over the summer for my FALL class! What's up with THAT?!?!)

I'm a bit peeved that my Garmin that I pre-ordered a while back has not yet been shipped. Ironman Jim called me yesterday to tell me that the Garmin version (without the heartstrap) is out and he had one in his hands at his wife's running store. We'll see if he shows up tomorrow with it. All I know is that I NEED that sucker before September 13!!! Grr.....

Goals for tomorrow's race:
1. Is a "C" race, so just to finish without injury (getting too close to IM to get another one of those!)
2. Time Goal: Would like to shave about 10 minutes from my Liberty Half IM time = ~ 5:45ish ?
3. Swim: Finish in my usual Half IM timeframe
4. Bike: Would like the bike split to be near or above 20 mph average (all depends on weather!)
5. Run: Pain free (or at least limp-free) - haven't decided if I'm going to run or Galloway this yet...
6. Get over to Betty and Vern's before all the great muchies are eaten up by my family! ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment