Since my little flat a week ago, I needed to replenish my flat kit with appropriate materials before my next race (Sunday) when riding on my lovely Zipps again. So, tonight after work I headed to Erik's to get all setup with the correct tubes to fit my "multi length" extender valves that I had. I realized that I have two different length extenders - and the one I put on my 'long' valve tube made the valve/extender TOO long for my Zipps. I just couldn't win! Too short, or too long! Augh!
So, I went in and played the "What tube + valve length fits the correct extender" game with the boys at Erik's and got all set up. Was sort of a confusing game, but we got it all figured out and the boys gave me some of the special 'tape' that I need for putting the extenders on and I was off. They treat me and Pink Lightning so good!
After that, I went out for a 25 mile bike ride - trying out my new aero helmet before Chisago. Not too bad! Still feel a bit like a dork in the thing...but I'll get over that if I pull off some good splits! Ha ha! Now, time to eat (starving!) and sleep (exhausted!) - two things that I can't seem to get enough of lately. Can definitely tell that I'm hitting 'that' time of the season. Gotta make it!


No comments:
Post a Comment