Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soreness Subsiding

So, 3 days post-race, the legs are starting to get back to normal. The boys at work gave me some crap, since I was walking like a 100 year old for about 2 days. Now, I can actually walk down stairs without bracing myself substantially by railings or walls. That is key!
 
On Monday, I went to the pool and 'ran' and stretched in the water to loosen up my legs a bit after getting home from work. That helped quite a bit. Tuesday, I had the 'day off' due to class. Then last night, I got a quick ride outside on Pink Lightning prior to the skies opening up. Was nice to loosen up the legs a bit and to try out the new helmet and sunglasses.

Survey says: Helmet - comfy and love it. Sunglasses - great! Love the fit and requires no 'squinting' when in the aero position. I'm slightly concerned about the lens size, however. These are 'mens' sunglasses and work just fine with the bike helmet, however, might be a little large when paired with a visor on the 'run'. You know my motto....look good, race good. So I might have to try to order up the 'fem' version of these and see if they fit better - but I want the lens color that is in the mens version. Oh, what problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment