At about mile 20 of the race - this thought was running through my head. "No way in HELL I'm signing myself back up for one of these....voluntarily!" TC Marathon - off the plate. Several days of waddling around with sore legs earlier this week - same answer.
Today, Cindy and I went out to the Oakdale Duathlon to cheer on Heidi, Jim & Heidi, and others that we knew racing. Was a great race and everyone did so well. Was kind of nice to spectate at one of these things...don't usually get to do that. In addition, a bunch of friends are up in Fargo today running the marathon up there...
So, something obviously sparked in me today and I must have forgotten the pain of the race last week (already) - as I just signed up for the TC Marathon. What am I thinking!?!?! That will make 4 marathons this year (including IM) - officially psycho.
I think I want to see what I can do on a 'flatter' course in my home state - see if I can't PR again. I can always back out, pending I'm fried from the IM...but that is a looonnnggg ways out (OK, I'm telling myself it is a long ways out, but that counter up on this blog just keeps ticking faster and faster!).


YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!
ReplyDelete