Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back Into Running

Thursday was a lovely evening and so I was either going to go for a nice bike ride or go running after work. I opted for running, since my agenda looked like I would be booked up with riding this weekend. I went out to the dam to throw down a few miles and see how I felt post-marathon. I had only done a few short stints of running since the race, so wanted to see how actually doing an hour+ run would feel. The first 3 miles or so felt alright, was a bit stiff and tender - but not terribly bad. Was surprised to see that my pace was still pretty good. After mile 3, I started to get hit with all my idiosyncrasies from the race, however: 
  • My blistered TOE - hurt rubbing against my shoe. 
  • My CALF - seizing up a tad, this is the one that wanted to go into a charlie horse just after I crossed the finish line and was giving Cindy a hug. 
  • My HAMSTRING - little tender to go along with my calf. Don't know where that came from?!

So...I officially have some of that to work on, I guess. Am trying to get a massage in this weekend to get back on track here. All-in-all, ran 8 miles - which was good.

Today we were supposed to go ride the Liberty route (Half IM) with a group. I opted out due to crappy weather. Start time of the ride had the forecast at < 40 degrees (30 degree windchill) and 20+ mph winds. (I require 50 degree weather to ride - am a bit of a cold-baby). Tomorrow, the girls and I plan to go out and ride the Buffalo route a time or two and see if we can't get our mileage in there. Weather seems to be a bit more comfortable, per the current forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment