Well, been neglectful in blogging this week - so sorry. Been super busy with work with an upcoming deadline + training. Everyone will be happy to know that Heidi is doing good and is itching to get back into the swing of things for upcoming races this summer. We need her on our rides, so she better get a healing! :)
Training has been going well this week. Tuesday I got back to spin class, since I've missed for the past couple weeks due to the marathon and switching nights to the night that I had class. Wednesday I had a great swim - did a mile straight and according to my watch, I was around 4 minutes faster than I was last year at this time. (Granted, I believe I counted all the laps correctly...)
Friday I decided to do a little run down by the Normandale lake near my client site over lunch for giggles. Ran two laps of the lake (roughly 4 miles) and had a fun surprise to see my average pace for that run was 7:53! Crazy - guess I'm into the 7 minute club now! I think I may do this little workout more often over the lunch hour - is a good way to sneak in some mileage. My hip and calf are still giving me some persistent whining since the marathon...but hopefully will be settling down soon.
Today, I ran up to the Apple Duathlon in Sartell to cheer on my TCMC peeps that were racing! Ironman Jim & his wife Heidi did AWESOME - and Heidi qualified for the World Championships. Yeah!!! A few others that I spin with also qualified and so it was a great day of spectating! After the race, I ran home and headed down to the Liberty Half IM course to meet Noelle & Cindy for a ride. We biked one of the loops and during the last 5-10 miles my gears were not shifting well and I was not happy. (Of course it was the gears I like to be in when riding rolling hills, which are prevalent in this route!) Cindy and Noelle were kicking my butt and I was just helpless, grinding in the wrong gears! Grrr..... We stopped at the car after loop one, I tried to adjust the derailer and get things smooth again.
Loop #2, a few miles in - gears were back at their old shinanigans. So... I threw up my hands and decided to go back. I was not going to go blow up my legs (even more than they were) for another 20-some miles riding in the wrong gears - keeping up with speedy 1 and speedy 2. So, in lieu I went back to the car, threw on my shoes and hit the pavement for a bit to at least get a bit of a brick in. I think I'll probably try to get out Sunday and Monday to make up some of the miles I missed - after I get my derailer all fixed up. Oh well! Nobody said I was mechanically inclined!


No comments:
Post a Comment