Today we got up and went over to the Expo. It's a good thing that I really like pink...as you all can tell. As the entire expo clothing line looked like a bit pepto-bismol fest! I got a great jacket (pink), long sleeved tech shirt (pink) and black t-shirt (with pink on it!) plus some other misc. "Flying Pig" stuff.
We also got a tech shirt for the race, a poster, and a bag that was pretty cool. Not too bad for the day, in terms of garb. I may have an issue packing up this stuff and getting it all home in my roller bag. Hmmm.... creative packing may have to ensue.
After the expo, we grabbed lunch and then just bummed around. We found a pottery fair and looked around for a bit and also rode part of the route to see what we were up against. There is one section that may proove to be a tad of a challenge around miles 5-9. I just hope that my back/broken @ss doesn't start to act up with the inclines. Regardless, I'm going to take those easy - as this is a "C" race and not as important as making it to September in one piece.
Tonight is a pasta dinner at Joe's house (Steph's adorable boyfriend) and then early to bed for us girls that need to get up at the crack of dawn for this sucker. Weather report says 50-60 degrees out with 50-60% chance of showers in the AM. I'm guessing we may get wet. Here's hoping not. Race report to follow tomorrow - hopefully in good spirits.


Good Luck! Is it just me or is every non-ironman distance triathlon a "C" event according to Coach JJ?
ReplyDelete