Sunday I was planning on taking Pink Lightning out on the road for the first time this spring. Was so excited. I got my cold riding gear out (had to dig a bit), scavenged around for my flat kit which I took off this winter, and attempted to get the training tire off of my back wheel. Could.not.get.it.off! These training tires are made of rubber that is really hard to get on and off of the wheel. I had Jonny put the thing on this fall for me. Well, after about 20 minutes of fighting this thing - I gave up. No riding outside for me that day. On a good note, I did get to watch the Ironman 70.3 Clearwater on TV...
Monday at spin, I had Jonny switch out my tire. Now I'm set!!! He also is putting my cassette on my new Zipp wheels this week so I can try those babies out too. Yeah!!! So in spin on Monday we had a 20 minute time trial (TT). This is where you go as hard as you can to keep the highest power wattage output for the entire 20 minutes. We did one a few months back, so it helps gauge where you are at and if you are getting stronger.
I started out pretty good, but at about minute 12 or 13 my legs just gave out. I think that my 20 miler on Saturday was a big factor in that. So, I just spun the best I could for the remainder of the TT, and ended up with an average wattage that was still about 20-25 watts better than my last TT. So, at least that was decent. But man! Those legs just were tired!!! Grrr....
Yesterday I lifted in the morning and had class last night. Today is a run and swim day for me...and my brother and niece from Alaska are coming into town! So will be nice to get to see them here soon. Saturday is the 1/2 marathon in St. Cloud. Weather report is looking like rain - which would really suck. I'm crossing my fingers that it holds off. If not, guess I'll be getting wet.



No comments:
Post a Comment