I thought that maybe I might be getting better from my little broken @ss incident that I've been getting massaged through as-of-late, etc. Again tonight at spin class, during the stair intervals - like clockwork on rep #8, it starts to kick in. That is, a dull aching pain in my lower left back / upper @ss that just puts everything out of alignment for me. So...it's either keep going for the next 12 reps in pain - potentially injuring myself further. Or...pop back into the room and have Suzie crank on me for 10-15 min. I opted for the latter.
So, Suzie worked me over good. Jonny J came in and gave his opinion too. (He confirmed, my lower back / hips are a bit jacked up (possibly from my fall a while back on the ice). I didn't understand squat when they were conversing on their opinions). So, I jumped back on the bike, spun for the next set and ran out for stair set #2. I knew the outcome here, but had to try until it hurt. I'm not a slacker - and of course...made it to rep #8, aching started to flair up, and decided to go back in and hit the foam roller.
Well, then Mike stepped in (another massage wonderboy) and decided that he was going to work on me (his specialty, I guess). So Mike took me aside and started to massage the hell out of me (pardon my french...but other words were rolling through my head that were much, much worse during his little session). I think he really got some of the muscles relaxed up, though. But we'll see.
Due to this little issue, I'm under strict orders to attend 'core' class tomorrow morning at 5:45. Guess I'll have to skip my swim and head over to that class and get my glutes worked over. I have a feeling this is gonna hurt.
On a good note... I had done a fitting last week for the TCMC (Twin Cities Multisport Club) tri outfits for racing this season (since a lot of the people I've been training with will be flaunting these lovely duds at races this summer) - but they were only ordering men's outfits. Needless to say, men's outfits don't fit women very well. But, whatever...was gonna get one and be a team player. Tonight at class, they had a box of women's outfits...guess that those will now be an option instead. So, luckily - the outfits might be a tad more flattering than the men's ones on us. But...we shall see.



No comments:
Post a Comment