Saturday, April 11, 2009

20 Miler - Done!


I met Noelle today at Elm Creek to knock this 20 miler off the training schedule. Last super long run until the Marathon. So, we decided to tackle a 'hilly' course to emulate what we are up against in Cincinnati, come May. The day was awesome, weather was perfect. Had a bit of wind on occasion, but overall very nice out.
 
We ran 6 miles out-and-back on the trails one way, took a brief pit stop at our cars for Gatorade & GU, then hit the trails to the opposite direction for another 8 miles. At our turn around at mile 16, we stretched out and officially got a bit loopy. I think we both could have laid there for hours just soaking up the sun, but some bikers starting coming by and we thought we might look a tad weird. (I did actually get some good sun on my face...checking in the mirror just a bit ago) The last 4 miles, we just wanted to get DONE! I think we picked up the pace a bit and got it hammered out as fast as we could (at that point).

All-in-all, run went well. Legs felt good, only problem was breathing with this darn stuffy head. I also got a nice little chafing on my neck from either my shirt seam or my necklace... looks like a hickey. Not good. ha ha.

I got home and sat in the hot tub for a bit and then chowed down some food to fill the gap that my little 2400 calorie jaunt cut into me. Now, mileage goes down for the next two weeks until the big race. That will be super nice. Noelle got some pics from the run that I will post here later when she sends them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment