I stepped outside and got blasted by the COLD wind. Hmmmmm..... let's think about this plan for a minute here. Do I want to run in cold gusty winds for an hour and a half? Or can I muster up the courage to get it over with on the treadmill at the gym? Dilemma!
I walked inside, pulled up the internet and saw the wind chill was -5 below and that made my decision for me. So, I went to the gym with Jake that afternoon and prepared to be bored out of my mind. For some reason, I decided to play a little game with some 5 minute intervals to make the time go by.
5 min @ 6.2 pace
5 min @ 6.4 pace
5 min @ 6.6 pace
5 min @ 6.8 pace
(Repeat 4 times)
Surprisingly, the miles peeled away and I was done before I knew it! Great workout! And the pace was comfortable - which makes me believe that my goal with Andy that we set last week to run the Earth Day 1/2 marathon in under 2 hrs may not be that hard.
Then Jake and I went home for a relaxing Valentines Day of king crab legs (yum!), a little wine, and veging on the couch. Perfect! Amongst our kitchen duties, we did find out our plumbing under the sink is faulty (water leaking from garbage disposal line) - so Dad should be on his way over today to assess and work his magic.



No comments:
Post a Comment