Friday, February 20, 2009

According to Dora: Just Keep Swimming...


Tonight after work I hit the pool for some yards, as I had been a bit delinquent with my swimming for a little while. I pulled out a workout and hit it pretty hard. I was very surprised, however. I have not swam all that much this winter (yet) and really should be fairly rusty - but I'm thinking all of my cross-training has helped my swim, maybe? No idea. But in one of my sets I had a 400 yd swim. For giggles I timed myself. I finished it in 7:00 flat.

Now, my fastest swim leg for a .25 mile swim in a tri was 6:58 (which is roughly the equivalent to a 400 yd swim, plus a little run time to the timing mat). So that surprised the crap out of me to pull that split out of nowhere since I basically haven't been in the pool much. I'll take it!

I ended up swimming around 3200 yds total. The swimsuit dryer at the gym was broken, so I have a soggy suit that I still have to hang up... Tomorrow is an 11 mile run for me - with the slick conditions + broken @ss, I think I'm going to opt for another dreadmill day for safety sake. Last thing I need to do is aggravate my pulled muscle or fall and get hurt. I'll have to dream up a new Jedi mind trick for tomorrow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment