Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend in Crosslake

Just got back from up North at our company's yearly kick-off weekend in Crosslake. Jake and I went up Friday, which included a pub-crawl around to the local establishments in the area. I think we crawled back to our rooms around 4:00 AM, so was a pretty late night (but typical for this weekend).

On Saturday we had a 4 hour company meeting and Jake got to go take a nap (he sucks!). Afterwards, we all met up again and had a wine tasting before the dinner, year end slide show and awards. I ended up receiving one of the year end awards that is given out to a handful of employees, called the President's Club. I got a great little trophy/award, extra lodge dollars for up in Crosslake, and we get a dinner at Manny's with all the President's Club recipients and spouses later on this year. 

After that, we went back to the bar where there was a band and hammerschlagen...which is a game where you try to hit nails into a log - first one to get your nail flush - wins the money in the pot. (Can you say Minnesotans are a bit strange?)

Today we headed back home and picked up Ruffles and Mom & Dad's - now maybe a little cat-nap before heading to the gym tonight to make up for lost workouts from this weekend. Not looking forward to that, but has to be done. Right? And another week begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment