Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Day Back In the Pool...


Yesterday I did my first day back into any type of body of water since I exited the swim in Lake Michigan (Chicago) back in August. Needless to say, it's been a while. I started the evening out with weights and a broken 3 mile run at the gym. Then I left and went to meet a group at a community pool not far from my house that are actually a 'triathlon swimming' group. I was told of this group by Sara, a triathlete I met last season in some of my races that is also from Andover. She swam with these people and told me to try it out. So it did....ends up there are a few people in there training for IM Coeur d'Alene in June, as well as some Half IMers planning for Vegas in April.

Swim wasn't too bad - we did about 1700 yds in an hour session, with a lot of drill work and a few 100 and 50 sets to get some baseline interval times. I can definitely tell that I am rusty. But all-in-all, was in one of the faster lanes and keeping pace decently with the others who have been swimming for a while.

I think I'll try to continue to swim at least once a week with this group - for motivational purposes mostly. Swimming solo at the gym pool really sucks. And it is hard for Noelle and I to coordinate schedules to sync up consistently... so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment