Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pretty Sure I'm Losing It

Well, I think it's time for me to take a break or vacation of some sort - think I'm totally losing it. Monday night I went over to campus for my 'last night of class' - yeah!!! If you recall, the previous week's class was skipped by Jenny due to horrible driving conditions. Well, as I walked into my classroom this Monday night, I was greeted by no one. Empty classroom. Huh? So, I scrambled onto my laptop trying to find a wireless connection and check my email. Was there a change in location? Maybe the last night was at the local bar? Nope! No emails. I dug out my syllabus and called the Prof. I guess the last night of class was LAST week! Duh!

Then tonight, again a lovely evening of a promising snowy commute - I decided to lift weights down in Bloomington near work and wait for the rush hour crowd to pack down the roads before venturing out. When I got to the locker room to change, I unpacked my bag and found that I had grabbed two DIFFERENT shoes! What the hell? Luckily I had both a left and a right pair - so I threw them on and got my workout in. I hope nobody looked too carefully at my footwear.


I did meet a nice guy at the gym - he commented on my Liberty Half IM tech shirt and we got to talking triathlons. He had done Madison IM and basically started spouting out tips and suggestions, which I gratefully accepted. He said that Madison was one of the 3 best things to ever happen to him in his life, including Marriage and Kids. He was very interesting to talk to and made me even more excited for next September - hopefully my experience will be as great of one as he described his. In the mean time....hopefully I can grab the right shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment