Last night I 'de-Christmas-ed' the house while Jake was working. Tore down the tree, put away all the nic-nacs, etc. Well, of course there were a zillion little needles that needed to be cleaned up after packing up that tree so I ran down and got out the vacuum. Turned it on and zilch! No running little sweepers - just a burning smell and maybe some sparks. Turned the thing over and was gunked up with hair and string. So I tore the thing apart and cut away all the crap. Put 'er back together and revved her up again. Nadda. It's official - vacuum is dead. Sniff sniff!
So, today I get to go shopping for a new vacuum. I would LOVE the Dyson Pet Hair one, but am not willing to shell out 500+ for a stupid vacuum. If it doesn't fit on Pink Lightning and make me ride over 20 mph - am not going to shell out that sort of cash (thick reference here to my future Zipp wheels... oh yes they will be mine!!!).
Second on the list of things to do today is cleaning out my cupboards and refrigerator - we are officially purging all "bad" food from the house and stocking up on healthy foods for training. (Me, along with 9 zillion others getting ready for the new year!)
Lastly, have to go do our annual Good Will donation before the end of the year. Gotta clean out some of the closets and get that done soon! I figure all this will keep me busy enough that I won't have to watch the Vikings blow it today against the Giants. I am such a pessimist with those guys. Grrr....



Jenny, I am hoping your know who I am! Wayne & Sue Schuman's daughter. I just saw your blog linked through Megan Bergman's and popped in to see if it was really you! Just reading your plans for your event make me excited for my summer plans! You sound like you're ready that's for sure! Good luck!
ReplyDelete