Saturday, November 15, 2008

In Texas and....COLD!

So I got into San Antonio about 10:45 PM last night. Flights were fairly decent and uneventful, except for the annoying woman that sat next to me on the flight from Houston to San Antonio. Everything was AWESOME to her. She said this word probably 4-5 times a minute it seemed like. 

All I heard is:
blah, blah, blah....AWESOME....blah, blah, blah....AWESOME! blah, blah, blah....AWESOME....blah, blah, blah....AWESOME!....blah, blah, blah....AWESOME!

Needless to say, I threw on my headphones and attempted to zone out for the rest of the flight. When I got down to San Antonio, I got over to the hotel, changed quickly, and then met up with "the girls", who had already had a jump start on me for evening festivities. We headed back out to a few of the bars they had been at and had a good time. (Can you say....military? Crap, everyone down here is in the military!)

"Girls Night Out - Carmella, Jerel, Noelle, Jen & Sonja"

Today, we woke up and Noelle and I headed to the expo to pick up my packet and buy unneeded apparel and souvenirs. The weather down here is actually COLD! Wind is pretty good and if you are down by the riverwalk - it is downright chilly! Tomorrow's forecast is for between 36 - 72 degrees... so should be nice and brisk for the start of the race.

We stopped off briefly to warm up at a coffee shop, do some 'homework' (us grad students...I tell ya!), and then we are doing a riverboat tour later this afternoon. Probably followed by dinner and relaxation prior to our early morning wake-up call. I'll try to post some race results tomorrow after the race - if I'm functioning. I think my fingers should work still....just those legs & feet that I'm worried about. Naw...it'll be fine - will be a fun course and I'm looking forward to it! Go 26.2!!! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment