Recap from yesterday's flight: Remember how I sat next to the cheeriest, happiest person ever on the flight down to San Antonio (AWESOME-girl!)? Well, her polar opposite accompanied me on the flight back to Mpls. This little hoochie said absolutely nothing and scowled the whole flight. When the flight attendant came around with food, she snottily snapped at him "can I just get some chips?!?! I don't want the sandwich!" She had her feet wedged into the seat back of the person in front of her and he politely turned around and asked if she wouldn't mind not doing that. She shifted her weight for 30 seconds, then shoved her feet back into his seat back again. Later, she curled up into a fetal ball in her seat - spilling over onto the shared arm rest of ours and into my 'space'. I accidentally elbowed her several times while working on my laptop. Darn pesky mouse of mine...oops!
Well, I got back just fine and Jake met me at the airport to pick me up. I got home and pretty much turned around and headed down to St. Paul for class. Back into the swing of things, I guess. My legs felt like crap last night after being cramped up in an airplane and not being able to stretch them out all day. I tried stretching them under the table at class in a subtle way. Not sure if I was terribly covert about it. Oh well.
Today they feel much better... I think I may be up for a short run with run club tomorrow evening. We shall see.
I booked a massage this evening and just got back. You so have to love massage! I was so relaxed....wish I could have one every week! I was a little chilled, kinda wished I was in a sauna-like room, but it wasn't too bad. I do think I need to get into at least a monthly regimen for massage pretty shortly. It does improve your athletic performance and recovery time. Unfortunately, costs money. Doesn't everything!?!? I swear...I need a second job to pay for this Ironman training!
Below is my marathon race results with splits and places, etc. I finished pretty much 'middle of the pack'. Which is just fine by me!




No comments:
Post a Comment