Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wind, Sleet, 20 Mile Run? Change of Venue...


Noelle and I had planned to go run the Lakes again today to get our 20 miler out of the way... But, the weather did not cooperate. Cold (OK, in the middle of February we'll be praying for 38 degree weather...), windy and sleety was not something we wanted to hang out in for 3-4 hours to get our run in.

So, we ended up at the Moore Lake gym where we did a combo of treadmill and track running for our estimation of 20 miles. So, we ran a half hour on the "dreadmill", then half hour on the track, back and forth. By our third round of treadmill running, I was about to gouge my eyes out. I forgot (briefly) how much I hate running on that thing! However, it was nice to break up the running back and forth a bit - kept us going.

Now, I think we're all set for San Antonio...next two weeks should be a snap! Thank goodness Noelle has been able to help me through all these long runs. Now we'll just have to see how it goes down there...

No comments:

Post a Comment