During the races we watched, we cheered for all the participants and I just happened to harass a juggler during all 3 of these races. As he went by on the 5K I shouted out "Watch out for the bump!" and so he stopped juggling to see that there was indeed no bump. The second time around he was a bit smarter and seemed to have my number. Oh oh! Afterwards we went to the expo and bummed around. I got my IM Wisc DVD training video from the Gear West guys and had a good conversation with them on seats & wheels. We heard Kristin Armstrong talk (Lance's ex-wife) which was really good.
This morning I got up early to meet up with Noelle and we got down to drop off our cars at the finish and bus over to the dome. The race was fun... ran into Naomi at the start, who was great to see. I ran with Andy and we kept a pretty comfortable pace - finished in a 1:34:58 (9:30 pace).
At the end of the 10 mile, we were literally running down the hill to the finish line when I felt the first rain drop. We crossed the finish mat and the skies opened up. We quickly got our foil blanket to cover up and grabbed food, medals and our T-shirt. It was cold, wet and miserable out - so I opted to run up to the car and take cover (of which I couldn't find my car in the lot at first...causing me to get even more soaked). If the rain was going to pass quickly I wanted to go back down and watch all the marathoners that I knew coming in. Unfortunately, it did not...so I headed home for a nice hot shower and a quick nap!



No comments:
Post a Comment