Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Little Creaky...


Yesterday consisted of me getting up at 5:30 AM (yes, included in my AM workout count in previous post). I headed out to get some water & Powerade for Noelle & I to drop off on the trail for our long run. We proceeded to drive around a bit, not terribly sure where we were going, but finally found the drop point. When we got back to the Coon Rapids dam, the rest of run club had already congregated and we were set to run. 

Was fun to run with the run club crew - we sort of leap frogged back and forth with everyone for the first 12 miles. Then Noelle and I finished up with another two loops around the visitor center area for a total of 17.25 miles. A personal record distance (PRD) for myself! Next week, we will be closing in on 20 miles. Fun, fun... 

I had to jet home quickly after the run and get ready to meet mom & dad to go to a visitation for our old neighbor when I lived at home in Cambridge. Dad got to get up and speak about Carl and did a really good job. 

For the rest of the afternoon and evening, I got a bit achy and creaky from the run. Not too bad, but definitely was ginger when doing stairs or sitting down and getting up. I'm curious how I'm going to feel the night after the marathon - all the other people (marathon veterans) will probably be out dancing (granted maybe not to The Cult - what kind of headliner band is THAT?!?!) and I'll be the one in the corner passed out and not moving. Ha ha! 

I ran up to St. Francis in the evening to meet Jake, and two of his fellow officers for dinner while they were working their shift - since I've barely seen my husband for the week. After that, got some groceries and back home to finish up some stuff around the house before bed. I've decided that my weekends are totally lame (grocery shopping on a Saturday night!?!?). A sure indicator I'm getting old, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment