We had a good 7.5 mile run with run club this morning (my Garmin clocked 7...is so off and I need to reset the darn thing) and then I ran down to get my packet at the race site. Am happy I'm in wave 1 - since it gets a bit crowded on the bike course with women who don't know what drafting, blocking, and passing on the left is all about. I met up with Jim on the way home and I got his wheels to try out.
So looking at the two...I think you all know which ones I'm slightly partial to here. What blows my mind is that Pink Lightning on Zipps (bottom image) probably cost over 10 times what my first car was (oh the trusty Reliant....sniff sniff)!
After getting the wheels installed at the bike shop, Noelle and I went down to a cheer station for the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk to cheer on Cindy. She was doing great...but you could tell she just wanted to bust out and do a run amongst the walkers. Then I headed back home to take a quick spin on the new wheels before tomorrow. Um.... Jim might not get these back. ha ha. Wow those wheels are fabulous!
Now, time for some grub and relaxing on the couch until bedtime! Morning comes early on race days.... oh yes they do.


No comments:
Post a Comment