Friday, September 19, 2008

Gotta get my fix...or something like that

So, taking the advice from my fearless Ironman, Jim, I ordered up a bunch of Hammer Nutrition supplements that should aid in my daily workouts as well as races. The golden rule for racing is that you NEVER try this stuff on your big race day. You need to practice with it during training and 'not so important' races first to make sure that your body likes the stuff and responds favorably. 

So... I will be testing these products out during my training for the marathon, as well as that race and see how it goes. It does kinda look like I'm in cahoots with a drug dealer, though, doesn't it? (Hammer actually sent a whole boat load of 'sample' products and goodies with my order....was like Christmas!)

Last night I had Jonny's spin class - weren't too many spinners compared to last week. Jonny was nice to us and we did a lot of high-cadence work and I got a bit of a break on our 'stair sets' (yes, we run stairs between sets) since I'm racing this weekend and I didn't want to kill my legs. 

Jim & Heidi stopped in and we got to watch the Ironman Wisconsin racer/volunteer video that they got in the mail. Was fun to see and there were quite a few people in there that we knew. Was a nice distraction from wattage and cadence for about 15 minutes. :) 

Tonight Jake and I are going to a wedding/reception for his boss's daughter. Tomorrow is running down at the lakes with run club and picking up my race packet for Sunday. I hope we get some good stuff in our packets again this year! Jonny wants me to go 21 mph on the course on Sunday - a pretty high goal since the distance is 22 miles with some really good hills. But... I will try my best to get 'er up around there. Stay tuned for the race report....

No comments:

Post a Comment