Yesterday morning I met up with Nicole to do my monthly measurements and to see where I 'landed' as I go into Ironman. Since I had not been doing any 'core' and no running for the past 1.5-2 weeks, wasn't sure where I was going to end up. However, my weight had dropped a smidge, due to nerves and appetite starting to decline.
Interestingly enough, I dropped 2% body fat this month! Largest drop in the past year. Yeah!!! I dipped under the mark I wanted to race at and really haven't been this lean since 'bridal bootcamp' prior to our wedding 4 years ago. So, that was great news. We chatted and planned out taper nutrition and the days leading up to the race.
Then, I went home and decided to try out this whole 'running' thing I was allowed to do again. I did a loop by my house for 5K. Leg/foot felt good after it got warmed up and my pace was really good. Ran sub-8:00 for the first mile. Then threw in some 'walks' for good measure for the last 2 miles and averaged 8:27 min/mile for the entire run.
Jake and I then hit the fair for the day...so that I could consume more calories and 'bad food' after my great news from Nicole. ha ha! I ate (shared) the following: scotch egg, pickle-on-a-stick. pork chop, nitro ice cream, cheese curds, some sort of sausage wrapped in a bisquet deal w/ asian sauce, Sweet Martha's cookies and a chocolate dipped banana. Was fun to just walk around and people-watch, not be at work, and not be stressing about Ironman. Was a fun day.
Today, I got the message that Ironman race numbers have been posted. Jen's number for the day is.... 2258! I'll post this next week with a link to the athlete tracker for people to be able to follow me on race day via their computers.



Cheese curds!! Browsing blogs and happened upon yours. I live in Minnesota and recognized those bad boys!!
ReplyDeleteThought you may be interested in Verve an extremely healthy energy drink. I hope you take the time to check it out. Ms. Fitness magazine awarded Verve the "Product of the Year!" http://bit.ly/4cRS2M
Wish you well on your upcoming races!