Friday, September 4, 2009

Go Team Go!

Last night Jonny took 'the girls' (me, Jen, Erin, and Val) out for dinner to regale Ironman stories from Val (just did Louisville) and himself (Canada) - and to instill the "ins" and "outs" of the things that us "first-time IMWI'ers" need to remember come race day. This was really great to hear, since tension and stress has mounted amongst the group heading out there. Plus his little pep-talks to us all, instilling confidence that we all can finish the race based on the training that he has seen us do this year, (let me re-phrase...that he's made us do this year - usually whining and griping) really was calming and much needed by the crew.  

Was a fun evening hearing all about the races (Val's was stellar in almost every way (great weather, feeling good, great splits, etc.) vs. Jonny's was really tough (95 degrees, 40 mph wind, smoke from forest fires making it hard to breath, upset stomach, ending up in the med tent). Which just goes to show you that each and every race day brings a new set of possibilities and/or obstacles to overcome. Most of which, we cannot control. I wonder what I am in for?

Oh don't worry, I've already started scoping the 10-day Madison forecasts. Currently, some sites claim 30% chance of showers and some don't (just mostly cloudy). Most are consistently putting the day at temps from a low of 50 degrees, to high of mid-60's. So, I think we're in for a cool day. I can handle that - regardless, I don't think we'll have the horrible conditions that we went through when we rode the course out there at the beginning of August (pelting rain then hot and windy)...so we should be good.
Tonight I met Lindsay for a swim at Lake Ann after work. We swam about 2 miles and called it good. I feel bad that her IMWI'ers are soon to be dropping off and she's gotta train for another 2.5 months for IM Arizona without the crew. That would suck! I told her that she may be able to talk us into some sympathy swims until it gets cold out. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment