Friday, September 11, 2009

All Checked In!




This morning, Cindy and I drove over to Lake Menona to do the Gatorade swim. I guess on Wednesday, some guy drown out there and they hadn't recovered the body yet...so we were hoping that we didn't happen upon him out there. I swam one loop of the course (1.2 miles) to get my siting down and see how it went. Swam comfortably and loose - and ended up doing a 35 minute swim, which is consistent with my 1/2 Ironman swim times. So I was happy. After the swim, I ran into Pam, Kim, Jen, Val, Mimi, and Jeremy...which was good to see them out here. Then I ran back to the hotel to shower up and Jake dropped me back off at the Terrace to check in and get a look around at the merchandise shop & expo. 


I got all checked in at the expo (after standing in a few lines), where you sign waivers, get weighed, get all your stickers and bags, get picture packages, etc. At the store, I ended up getting quite a bit of stuff...IMWI bike jersey, tri outfit, a couple t-shirts, visors, and a hoodie/pants that were really cute. That plus the picture package put a small dent in the pocketbook. But I knew that was coming. After all that, met back up with Jake and had lunch with Noelle & Cindy. Then headed back to the hotel for a nap. Tonight is a banquet at the Terrace and athlete meeting. Then I will probably go back to the hotel and start putting all my transition and special needs bags together before hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment