Jake:
My wonderful husband has been so greatly supportive throughout this season, putting up with my crazy training schedule, my lousy moods, aches and pains, and lately my stress & emotional outbursts as I get closer to the race. It will be his lovely face that I'll be thinking of throughout the race and searching for the second I cross the finish line! Thank you honey for putting up with me and I love you so much!
Mom & Dad:
You guys have been my biggest cheerleaders since I started sports in 7th grade...So, even when I'm 30-something, it means the world to me to see you guys at every race cheering and smiling! Thank you for all your love and support (and worries)...I promise I'll tame things down after this event and make sure I'm healed up. I Promise!
Family / Friends, Cheering Crew & Followers:
To all my friends and family (you know who you are) that have showed up at my races this season to cheer me on and/or have been following me on this blog...I really appreciate your enthusiasm, support and encouragement. I also appreciate the consideration to all of those that have had to put up with my hectic schedule, for when I couldn't meet up for events or functions, due to early morning training rides or races. (I swear! I will re-emerge again! Soon... I promise!)
Ironman Jim / Ironman Heidi:
Thanks you two for getting me into this crazy mindset/mentality to attempt this Ironman event. Instilling that seed that I could actually do this event was the first step, but helping me through every day over the past 9-10 months with pep-talks, strategies, mindsets, and pushing me beyond what I thought possible (4 hr marathon? You are still crazy!!!) has been instrumental in getting me here today. Don't worry, I'll still be cursing you on the race course on those hills - but only because I've been threatening that all year!
Jonny J:
Without the hours and hours of workouts that you've put this body through, I'd definitely not be ready for this race like I feel that I am. Your instruction, technique, and experience has been key in getting me ready for the big day! Thanks a million! Pink Lightning thanks you too...
Nicole:
A huge thanks to Nicole for the strength training and nutrition plans that she's kept me on over the past year. Her help has helped in getting my body to the optimal shape to endure this race and I'm very thankful for her help and support during this process.
Mr. Sholund:
Not visible during this season, but a special thanks to my high school swim coach - for the skills and training he put me through WAY back then, making this part of my race (the swim) one of my strengths and the least of my worries (besides getting punched or kicked in the head by 1000's of flailing arms and legs...details)!
Dr. Dave:
Thanks so much for all your help in getting my body back into whack throughout this summer and all my little injuries. I curse your deep tissue work, but it all seems to have worked out in getting me set for the big day!
Noelle / Cindy:
To the girls that roped me into this....thank you for all the fun, training days, and support that you've given me. Racing this year with you two has been great and I cannot wait to see you two out on the IMWI race course with me. You guys have worked so hard and deserve everything that Sept 13th has to give us that day!
Jen / Val:
To "the team", you guys have been so great to train and race with this year. I am so glad that I got roped into this race and spin class to get to know you guys better. I hope to have the positive attitude of Val come race day and enjoy the whole day that I've worked so hard for (as much as my body will let me), and I will be looking for the other IronJen "burning up the race course" out in Madison! Go Team! Mazel Tov!
Run Club / Spin Class Peeps:
All you guys in both these groups have been motivational and inspirational in all your training, events and all of the sweat and pain that we've gone through together! Thanks to everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment