Friday, June 12, 2009

Tomorrow...Liberty Half Ironman!


Well, yesterday I was getting Pink Lightning all revved up for Saturday's race. Put on her race wheels, her new aero water bottle, and rigged up my new 'pill dispenser' with velcro for administering all my supplements during the bike. Think I'm set! 

 As I was walking over to the tool bench, however, I accidentally kicked the lawn mower and my toenail (which was about 95% ready to fall off) got snagged. Ouch! Blood a flowing. So, I had to rip it off. Which is fine, now I don't have to worry during T1 (transition 1) in my race tomorrow about it when I'm putting on my socks/shoes. So now I'm down to 8 toenails! woo hoo! 

Tonight I met Noelle & Cindy for some carbs at Macaroni Grill. Yum! Those two yahoos got the 'singer' to sing some Italian song to me by telling him it was my birthday. What silly girls! Now, I'm home and packing up my crap for tomorrow and getting to bed early. Looks like the weather couldn't be any more perfect! Temps from 53 in the AM up to mid-to-upper 70s into the day with a very light wind (5-10 mph). If the wind can stay low like that....will be SOOOO nice! Last year's wind was HORRIBLE! And on a hilly 56 mile bike course....it sucked! 

 So, goals...I'd like to PR from last year's time - which was 6:22. Ideally, would be awesome to break the 6 hour mark. But we'll see. I had some issues running yesterday with my calf and my back was acting up at Buffalo with the hills - so those are my main concerns when I get to the run. So, am crossing my fingers and we'll see what happens. Is actually kind of funny that last year at this time I was pretty much hyperventilating with this race coming up with nerves and anxiety. This year... I'm like "eh... just another race to get through to practice for Ironman." Is amazing what a year can do to you! Stay tuned for a race report.

No comments:

Post a Comment