Friday, June 19, 2009

All Taped Up & Uniforms


This morning was bright and early core class (since no races this weekend). Jonny proceeded to torture us in many lovely ways. This morning's session in the 'hallway' was extremely gross - as the humidity in the air seemed to bring out the nasty sweaty stench embedded in the hallway carpet as we crawled in various torturous manners across this nastiness. Needless to say, hand washing was necessary as soon as we were done with our 40+ minute session out there. Yuck! 

We got our TCMC uniforms today too...they seem pretty decent. Will be sporting it at the next race on the 4th of July! This afternoon I had my second appointment with Dr. Dave - today's focus was the calf. The 'glove' came out and proceeded to anoint pain as he massaged/manipulated my muscle. Ouch! 

Afterwards, I was 'dressed' with some Kinesio Tape (remember the stuff that Misty May Treanor / Kerri Walsh had going at the Olympics?) I guess this is supposed to 'relax' my calf muscle and allow it to heal up faster. Then, I can focus my training more on my running...to see how that is affecting my glute/back. Baby steps... have to get the little stuff outta the way to fix the bigger stuff, I guess. So, I get to leave this stuff on for a few days and see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment