Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fun With Bosu

Monday I had Mike come over for a massage to work out the kinks from Sunday's race. Got a few more bruises to add to the mix of ones that showed up per the U-turn episode during the race. Boy! Do I look tough! (Or at least I am telling myself this....)

Tuesday I had spin and my angry legs were speaking up to me. Was pretty tired, but then again - so is everybody these days. You can tell that people are in the throws of their training plans and its starting to take its toll physically on them (myself included). I've just been zonked lately!

Yesterday, Ironman Jim and his wife Heidi and I met at Jonny's for a small group "core" workout session. We are going to start these up (with Jen M. too), as the other core session with him is on Fridays - which is too close to race days during the summer (on some weekends).

We spent a HALF HOUR on the darn Bosu ball doing squats and miscellaneous variations of balance moves. Then we threw in some push-up sets, plank craziness, and abs to round out the session. Was a good workout and I'm not as sore today as I expected to be - which is good. Should be a good little mid-week workout for the rest of the summer. Definitely pushes you a tad more than attempting these moves solo at the gym or at home!

Ran out to Gear West yesterday and picked up a new front aero-water bottle system for the race on Saturday, which is a tad less bulky than my dual chamber one that I have. Should be a nice little addition to Pink Lightning's accessories. Got all my race nutrition as well, while I was out there.
Swam a bit last night and have a run planned for today. I am going to take Friday off (from training), since the Half IM is Saturday. Yeah! A day off! Woo hoo! Should be interesting to see how the race goes...last year I tapered for this race - of which I am not this year. Just another "training day" (a.k.a. "B" race).

No comments:

Post a Comment