Sunday, August 17, 2008

St Paul Tri Race Results


Well, I raced this morning at the 3rd annual St. Paul Tri. Weather was SO much nicer than last year's drizzly day. Mom & Noelle made it out to cheer, Mark was there to cheer on Cindy who was doing the Olympic distance too. I had to wait until the 2nd to last heat to get into the water - took forever with 4 minutes between heats. Oh well. 

In the water I felt good - today's song that I sang to myself was Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" (yes, I sing to myself when I swim). Note to self: decent song to keep a good pace with - maybe I'll have to sing that next weekend in Chicago too. I saw one girl in a blue swim cap (my heat's cap color) about 2 body lengths in front of me that I was trying to keep in my sights. 

At about over half way through the 1/2 mile swim - I saw another blue cap appear and was getting a bit rowdy with her (I think there were a couple elbows when she got right next to me...oops! My bad!) I ended up 3rd out of the water in my division (4th in my heat of 84 women) - which I was happy with. I had a faster split in 2006, but I'm pretty sure that the course was maybe shorter - as I'm much stronger and faster this year on my swim due to my half IM training and more yardage. 

The bike was fast and I felt pretty good on that...results said I averaged 20.2 mph! I FINALLY broke that 20 mph mark!!! Yeah! 

The run was alright and I had a pretty decent split for me, but was a bit tired and sore from yesterday's run (note to self...maybe crank the mileage down the day before a race). 

I ended up finishing with a PR time for that course by about 2:30 (1:18:04). 7th place in my division (of 50). I'm pretty sure this was my fastest sprint finish time too. I think I'm ready for Chicago next weekend...bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment