Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Set For Chicago


So, last night I decided to start organizing my things for leaving for Chicago on Friday. Since my husband is getting back into town today (from a 17-day hunting safari in Africa), I figured I'd be pre-occupied with stories and watching video footage when he got home and might not have the time to pack. I wouldn't want to be getting ready for my swim and realize I forgot my goggles!!!

I cannot believe the amount of "stuff" you must pack to race in a triathlon! My guest bedroom bed is covered with "stuff". I think I need to slim things down a bit - I am only going to be gone for 2-3 days!

So, in Chicago I'm racing on Saturday at the "SuperSprint", which is a shortened triathlon I'm using as a "warm-up". (or so I tell myself) Last year it turned into a Du, because of the 'toxic' levels in Lake Michigan. Ew! Granted they let us swim on Sunday in it - which I prefer not to think about.

Sunday is the big race...there were over 8500 competitors last year! I'm doing the sprint again this year and am hoping to cut off some time from last year's finish. If I race like I have been all season, I don't see that as being a problem.

Chicago's Goals:
  1. Get faster than last year's time (overall)
  2. Get Pink Lightning's average over 20 mph
  3. Would "like" to place higher than last yr (5th) - but realize that that is sort of out of my control in some respects.

I'll have a race report when I get back. But, for now I better get scooting - have to get to the airport soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment